Friday, July 20, 2007

Visiting

Today, my children and I visited my husband's mother and step-father. We had a nice time chatting. While there I picked up a large metal coffee can to use for a bread recipe I ran across.

Seeing the metal coffee can reminded Papa (the step-father)who is quite elderly and doesn't hear very well, of a boyhood memory. He told me that when he was a boy his mother use to bake brown bread in a metal coffee can in the oven. Papa said the smell would fill the house. He said he was sure his mother made other kinds of bread, but distinctly remembers the brown bread. What a nice memory to have. Now it's something I will remember.:)

My MIL has lots of cats and kittens that we enjoyed watching and holding today. She also has a few chickens. As far as chickens go they're actually pretty. My MIL showed us her planter garden. I didn't realize you could grown such healthy looking green beans and herbs in pots. I may try that come next Spring. :) We have a small garden already, but I'd like to try something different. :)

I can't wait to visit again. Next time we'll go as a family and take supper.

"For you make me glad by your deeds, O Lord; I sing for joy at the works of your hands." Psalm 92:4

6 comments:

Mrs. Anna T said...

Herbs grow wonderfully in pots, and it's a wonderful solution for someone who can't have a garden right now. I already bought peppermint seeds for our new apartment, to grow in our new sunny kitchen!

Kaye :) said...

Hi Anna,

That's good to know. I've grown peppermint before, but outside my front door in the ground. It grew great and gave off a wonderful aroma.

Laura H. said...

Love to visit family!I live with my Dad's Parents, who live next door to my parents. I enjoy it, although sometimes there can be trials! BLess GOd for trials!

Have a good day!

Kaye :) said...

Hi Laura,

I think I would enjoy it too, but I can see where there could be trials also. :)

Mrs. Anna T said...

Kaye, for some reason I don't see a comment option under your last post!! Weird. Anyway it sounds as though you had a busy and creative week! Good for you :)

Kaye :) said...

Hi Anna,

I think I fixed the comments section. Since I'm not computer savvy I had to take the scenic route to do it. :)